Thursday, March 7, 2013

Princess Castle Cake

I'm super excited about this cake. It's pretty and it was ridiculously fun to do. The conclusion of this experience? I need to take a photography class so I can actually take decent pictures. For whatever reason, I think my cakes always look so much better in person than they do it pictures. And this is a shame. So, without further ado, here is the cake. (Keep in mind the comment about photography.)

This was it built and iced but not decorated. The towers are rice crispy treats. :)

 
 

Almost there...
 
Getting closer...

And closer...

And BAM! It's finished! :)

Just a few close-ups of the piped details. I have learned to love piping lately.

I love flowers and vines. They have to be one of my favorite things to pipe. I put them all over the cakes I do at work, so this was easy.

I personally like the back the best. I think it looks prettier than the front with the doors and windows. But that's just me.
 
 
 
PS. Here's a picture of the Avengers cupcakes I did a few days ago. Nothing too fancy so I didn't want to write a whole other post for them. So, because I'm lazy, you get them as a bonus of this post. You're welcome. You know you want one. ;)
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment